Meghan Markle ‘s father, Thomas Markle confirmed that he would not be attending his daughter’s royal wedding to Prince Harry on Tuesday night, claiming he wouldn’t be able to fly to London after heart surgery.
And while Thomas previously blamed “emotional distress” on his alleged heart attack during an interview with TMZ, he has now told the publication that it is actually his son, Thomas Jr, who is responsible.
Thomas Jr left the world gobsmacked recently after he wrote a letter to Prince Harry, telling him that it wasn’t too late to see the “real Meghan”.
[Josephine County Jail]
Speaking about his Suits actress sibling, Thomas told the ginger prince it’s “not too late” to change his mind, writing: “It’s very apparent that her tiny bit of Hollywood fame has gone to her head, changing her into a jaded, shallow, conceited woman that will make a joke of you and the royal family heritage.”
However, just one week after his open letter, he retracted his comments, and begged for an invite to the royal wedding after all.
And now his father has claimed that the stress of the open letter played a part in his health issues, when speaking to the US publication.
Thomas was originally supposed to walk the Suits actress down the aisle, but it is now looking like he won’t be able to attend the big day, and his ex-wife Doria will take up the honour instead.
Originally, Thomas was said to have pulled out of walking Meghan down the aisle and attending the ceremony after stating he suffered a heart attack six days earlier.
He then did a complete u-turn, and stated that he would love to “be a part of history” and walk his Suits actress daughter down the aisle.
But now, according to TMZ, he will no longer be physically able to – as he will have to have surgery at 7:30am on Wednesday, and will need time to recover.
According to the site, he stated: “They [doctors] will go in and clear blockage, repair damage and put a stent where it is needed.”